From July 30 to August 27, 2017 in Bracciano, Lazio, Italy
The Advanced Teachers’ Training Course is an opportunity for graduates of the Sivananda Teachers’ Training Course to deepen their spiritual knowledge over four weeks of intensive yoga practice and the study of Vedanta philosophy.
Individual guidance and yogic self-discipline are important aspects of the course. Upon successfully passing the exam, participants receive a certificate of completion from the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres.
Certified by the worldwide Yoga Alliance for the 500 hours standard for Registered Yoga Schools (RYS).
- Four-week theoretical and practical training in all aspects of yoga consisting of 437 training units of 45 minutes’ duration
- Internationally recognised certificate from the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres (ISYVC) is awarded on successful completion of the course. The diploma is entitled “Yoga Acharya” and recognised by the Yoga Alliance for the 500 hours Registered Yoga School Standards
This course was established in the early 1970s by Swami Vishnudevananda as the first advanced yoga teachers’ training course taught to Western students and now has over 4,700 graduates.
Daily: two meditation sessions, two yoga classes, one pranayama class (breathing exercises), three lectures, one hour of service to the ashram community. One day a week is lecture-free.
- The twelve basic postures in depth
- Practice of classical advanced variations
- Precise corrections
- Deeper understanding of Hatha Yoga
- Extended practice of Anuloma Viloma
- Advanced pranayamas
- Proper use of the Bandhas
- The philosophical schools of India
- Analogies of the supreme reality
- Study of Vedantic meditation techniques
- Explanation of Vedantic mantras
- In-depth study of the Yoga Sutras from Patanjali
- The mind, its mystery and control
- Detailed study of the eight steps of Raja Yoga
- The nine types of Bhakti
- The five attitudes of devotion
- Learning the Sanskrit alphabet
- Correct pronunciation and spelling of the mantras and hymns
Anatomy and physiology
- Study of the nervous system, brain, endocrine glands and how they relate to the practice of asanas, pranayama and meditation
Kirtan (mantra chanting)
- Positive effects on the emotions
- Correct pronunciation and mental attitude
- Learning of classical Sanskrit songs
- Subtle aspects of the vegetarian diet
Proper nutrition according to the three-Dosha theory of Ayurveda
4:30 am Wake up
5:00 am Pranayama
6:00 am Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture
8:00 am Asanas
9:00 am Anatomy and physiology
10:00 am Brunch
11:00 am Karma Yoga
noon Study of Raga Yoga or Sanskrit
2:00 pm Main lecture on Vedanta
4:00 pm Asanas
6:00 pm Dinner
7:30 pm Meditation, mantra chanting, lecture
10:00 pm Lights outs
Schedule may change occasionally.
The rules of participation are the same as for the Teachers’ Training Course (TTC).
A high degree of self-motivation is required for all aspects of the course.
are Yoga Acharyas (spiritual teachers) and senior teachers personally trained by Swami Vishnudevananda.
Teachers’ Training Course (TTC) 401 units of 45 min or 301 units of 60 min
Advanced Teachers’ Training Course (ATTC) 437 units of 45 min or 328 units of 60 min
Sadhana Intensive 173 units of 45 min or 130 units of 60 min
The Yoga Alliance recognises the TTC for the 200 hours Registered Yoga School Standards and the TTC plus ATTC for the 500 hours Registered Yoga School Standards.
Borgo Paola located in Pisciarelli, a small village near Bracciano, 40 km from Rome and the beautiful forest of the Orsini-Odescalchi’s Castle borders it. An ideal location that is suitable Yoga and meditation practice. Behind a large, lush park, the place offers a beautiful swimming pool for the summer, a bioenergetic garden, as well as two large rooms for practice.
Students are responsible for making their own way to the Course.
Borgo Paola is about 40 km from Rome and about 45 km from Fiumicino – Leonardo da Vinci International Airport.
CAR: You can either take the Aurelia state motorway and turn off at the junction for Bracciano, or the Cassia state motorway and follow the signs for the lake, or even the Cassia Veientana that you take from the Grande Raccordo Anulare, direction Viterbo.
TRAIN: about a one-hour journey from Roma Ostiense or Roma Tiburtina station.
We recommend the use of a car as Borgo Paola is not along a main road. If necessary, we can arrange transport for pick-up and drop-off transfers.
Viale del Micciaro 11/b
Pisciarelli, Lazio, Italy
HOW TO REGISTER
Fill and sign the application forms and send then by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of the bank transfer of the deposit of 30% of the totalcost according to the accommodation that you chose. Balance is due four weeks before the beginning of the course.
The payment of the deposit and balance is done by Bank transfer
Bank: Banca Prossima
Piazza della Libertà 13
Account Name: Centro Yoga Sivananda Vedanta
Write: Teachers’ Training Course and full name of the participant.
The course fees include the Course, food and board, the manual and the uniform.
All payments are done in Euro in cash:
The course registration fee is € 30 to be pay upon arrival in cash
Other (optional) payments include: laundry, boutique, kriyas kit: € 12.50.
Transportation is available from the train station to the venue, the cost is € 10 and its done upon previous request.
During the course we can accept only cash.
€ 2450 in tent
€ 2700 in dormitory
€ 2980 in triple room with bathroom inside the room
€ 3200 in double room with bathroom inside the room
Special prices for students and unemployed, please contact email@example.com
WHAT TO BRING
- Meditation and Mantras by Swami Vishnudevananda, Motilal Banarsidass Publishers
- The Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga by Swami Vishnudevananda, Three Rivers Press
Please note: These books are not included in the course fee. You cannot find these books locally in India. They can be purchased at the Sivananda Yoga Centres.
Please also bring
Yoga teacher’s manual and uniforms
Registration is valid with a down payment of 30% of the total amount. The remaining unpaid balance is due no later than 4 weeks before the course begins.
Included are the examination fee, administrative costs, teaching, room and board and a teacher’s manual.
Not included are ground transportation to and from Delhi, tips, laundry service as well as any other additional service. Please book your own flight to Delhi.
It is recommended to purchase a travel cancellation insurance policy through your travel agency.
Certificate and training units
International certificate from the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre organization (ISYVC) is awarded on successful completion of the course. The diploma is entitled ‘Yoga Acharya’.
The International Sivananda Yoga Teachers’ Training Courses consist of three levels: